This Page

has been moved to new address

My newest-vintage craft machine

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: My newest-vintage craft machine

Monday, June 27, 2011

My newest-vintage craft machine

Ahhh it seems I am a bit addicted to the "machines" that make crafting fun/unique/different. I just recently discovered some of the things that I could do with my newest "toy".
Here is a hint to what my new toy is....


Ahhh isn't it pretty?  But not just pretty,  pretty & functional, I have plans and fun projects in mind for this pretty toy!


The best part?!?!  It is prime time to find a "toy" like this one at a garage sale or flea market.  

Mine came as a graduation gift from my sweet sister who understood yet embraced the irony of getting me a typewriter for my graduation....most people would want a computer I suppose.... but not me, I am a crazy crafter and think this dream machine is amazing!

I know my graduation was about a month ago, but my gift just arrived two days ago.....ahhhh I have been waiting!!!  


I love that you can stick any size paper in it and just "go to town" typing in the perfectly uneven, so not perfectly inked font....it's crazy cool in my eyes.


What do you think?  Will you be swiping one of these from the garage sale you go to???  
What would you do with your typewriter????


My first little project was to make a simple tag to send along with the giveaway coffee sack I am going to get in the mail today!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Just Jaime said...

I got a typewriter recently too! I love it!

June 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

we had one, but it was for decoration only as the ribbon was spent and I had NO idea how to replace it.... I'd use it for journaling in scrapbooking pages since I hate my handwriting... enjoy!

June 27, 2011 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh I am so jealous! I have been scouring garage sales here in Australia to find one but have been unsuccessful thus far :( Wish I'd won the coffee sack so I could at least have had the glory of owning a hand typed tag lol

Michelle
Bok Bok B'Gerk

June 27, 2011 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Aroura said...

I love just the look of them, too!

June 27, 2011 at 11:39 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Your typewriter is amazing. It's just what you had wanted. And to think your sister never even asked what kind of typewriter you were looking for. Maybe she thought you wanted it as an antique? Anyhow, it worked out perfectly. I'm very jealous and need to find one asap.

June 28, 2011 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Love the tag- looks so cool with the uneven inking! Love ya!

June 28, 2011 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh and PS you must have the COOLEST SISTER EVER!

June 28, 2011 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger kristincita said...

I just took home my mom's old Royal typewriter. No, it's not because she now e-mails or uses a computer to write letters, it's because she got a new old Royal and this one had a couple of issues. I am thrilled to have it in my home! My mom, at 82, still types letters and sends them via snail mail.
The bean salad?meah I'll pass. It looks like.........vomit. Sorry.

June 28, 2011 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Maggie Massey said...

You won't believe this (well, actually, I'm sure you will...) - but at an estate sale recently I found an amazing old teal typewriter - $10.00 - my husband was like "WHAT are you going to do with that?" - and just as I was explaining to him all of the amazing things I could do with it (duh!), my youngest screamed "I HAVE TO GO POTTY" - soooo, we had to go...me = so sad...:(

June 29, 2011 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

You do have the coolest sister ever!!! ;) And I'm super jealous that you have such a cool new crafting machine ;) I can't wait to see what you do with it!! I wanted to tell you I went antiquing in Quebec and came across a very cool dressform for 60 bucks....bad news is, I didn't get it. I was trying to decide if I wanted it, and now I totally regret it! Those are purchases I need to bite the bullet on!! Miss you!

June 29, 2011 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger longcountryroad said...

That is so cool! Can't wait to see the projects you make with it. I love vintage things.

June 30, 2011 at 6:40 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love this typewriter. I want one,too. Maybe someday I will find one.

Congrats on your new toy.

Ruth

July 1, 2011 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Rhissanna said...

I have one but I can't work out where to plug in the monitor...

August 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home