This Page

has been moved to new address

Valentines Mantle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Valentines Mantle

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentines Mantle

Ohhh I love my every changing decor.
Fall was great, Christmas was fun, and now Valentines day has inspired me to mix new with old while embracing simple.
And along with seasonal changes I have also had fun painting my fake mantle 
{Fantle as I like to call it}
once again....
it officially started out as a cabinet, first painted from bright red to white, and then to all gray-ish black.
But now I have added some light teal-ish blue to the mix.


I adore changing the colors and the decor every other minute.


I was wishing for a kind of incorporation of all of the things I love....
including vintage and distressed books,
old drawers and sea colored vintage bottles...
because that is what Valentines is about to me----celebrating what you love.


and so of course my love has to be a part of the theme as well.
I made the simple you and me plaque with a cut out design from my silhouette.
And I don't know if you guys noticed the sideways eight randomly sitting on its side? 
Hubbie and I always and forever have been cute about writing the infinity symbol {which kind of looks like a sideways eight} on each and every note we write each other.
Sometimes when we are just sitting on the couch watching a movie he will just trace the symbol on my arm....
ohhh goodness now I am getting a little gooey on you, butttt I thought it would be neat to include the infinity with my Valentines decor.


And since I love numbers....


I like the mix of the modern mirror with the vintage frame...
What do you think?


And how about the color of the mantle now? 
Do you like the two toned look?
I thought it was a fun change....
nothing permanent but fun none the less!




And a look at the room as a whole.



Yes I think I will be enjoying this look for a few weeks!



I am linking up to a few of my favorite parties---be sure to check them out if you are looking for wonderful inspiration!!!

Photobucket

17 Comments:

Blogger Carmella said...

So sweet!! I love the blue you added to your fantle, so pretty! And, how sweet is that hubby of yours??

February 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Love the layers and the numbers! Looks really amazing!
Stacey

February 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Emily's Up-cycled Furniture said...

love it the colors are so soothing.

February 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Danee said...

Will I'm an over-the-top with bling kinda girl I do appreciate your simplicity and understated message…it is beautiful and I love that it isn't what we expect.

February 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty Jaime! I love the blue :)

February 6, 2012 at 3:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah.... Such a nice change from all the Valentine-y red mantels! Super nice mantel. The redo is neat...original. I like-y.

February 6, 2012 at 4:46 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

So beautiful! Simple lines, so pretty! Love it all Jaime!

February 6, 2012 at 5:31 AM  
Blogger Shanee said...

Sweet mantel. Love the layers mirrors and non traditional colors for V-Day. Thanks for sharing.

February 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

I love your Valentine's Day mantel!! Especially LOVE the colors! Always nice to see something than the traditional red & pink decor!

February 6, 2012 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger The Painted Parlor said...

i'm in love with your 'fantle'!! i'm on a hunt to redecorate mine for Valentine's Day. i love the simplicity of yours but it all comes together to creat a grand statement. love it.

February 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Melody Holmes said...

Love love this!!!

February 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

WOW! Really beautiful!

February 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the colors you have and the elements- that gold frame- love it!

February 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger I am LOVD said...

You know, how unusual and unexpected for Valentine's Day. I absolutely love it!!

February 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Full Circle Creations said...

Looks good!
Holly

February 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger aimee said...

i love your style, your mantle looks great. i would love it if you could link this up at http://twiggstudios.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-show-off-linky-party.html
thnkyou so much xxx

February 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH my goodness...AWESOME! I love the infinity and your beautiful picture and your fun pop of color - two tone is SO FUN! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

February 14, 2012 at 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home