This Page

has been moved to new address

Weekend fun---post 1 of 2!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Weekend fun---post 1 of 2!!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekend fun---post 1 of 2!!

Alrightyyy remember my pile of crap that I picked up from the Bargain Barn in Erie PA???? Well I had some time to work on my crap I mean treasures and I have to say I am pretty excited about the results...and really for a first experience re-finishing I have to say it was EASY and super satisfying to see the results!  Now I am obsessivly looking around for new things to work on, this new discovery might really change what I will bring home from garage sales next summer!!


Sanded, stained and a coat of poly later I think this old school desk is looking GREAT!!!  ***note to self-might not be a good thing to do inside....I think inhaled more than my fair share of fumes!


Project #2


Sand and paint


Add a nail and there you go-wreath hanger thing... (I think this might look cool against a different color wall... buttt I HAVE to have this wreath above my bed because I love it SO much--Cal's mom made it for us out of our wedding flowers!)

Note cool wall hanging AND desk night stand!


Annddd a more realistic picture of the nightstand with all of my junk on it! 


I really wasn't sure what the real color of this frame was to begin with thats how dirty it was!


WoW look at that shine!


add white paint



*I did go back after painting the frame and distressed a bit with sand paper because I wasn't really going for the perfect look*


And finally there is nothing like recycling junk laying around the house not being used-I started out with an Ikea frame:


Sanded and painted white


Sand and then spray paint the glass=chalkboard! 










Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I am very very very impressed!!! What a great eye you have for bargains and fixing things up!!

December 5, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

Girl, you are super crafty! Keep it up! (P.S. I'm stealing that chalkboard!)

December 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

whooaaa okay i stand corrected- the desk looks A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! I also love the frame! Who knew the white would look so nice!
Crap=treasures when your done with it!!!!
LOVE YOU!

December 7, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home