This Page

has been moved to new address

My first typewriter project!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: My first typewriter project!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My first typewriter project!

Ahhh I lovee my new typewriter!
I do have to wonder how in the world a person could have enough finger strength to type long letters with it, but for my little project it was super fun!!!
So my little project started out as just these two frames buttt....


The basket kind of became part of the "walls" decor also!


I started out with some old frames that I haven't used in a long time...


Anddd apparently if you are sitting around my house and not being used then you are GOING to be up-cycled sooner or later!


So I used some of my favorite scraps of paper and added one of my favorite quotes to them with my typewriter.

I realize you can't make it out but it says:
"I love you to the moon and back"


Then I added the "hardware name plates" with additions to my quote---all together it says "I love you -way more than- to the moon and back -times 7 million"

I just hot-glued the name plates in place and slid the paper right in.



I know some of you might be thinking that this is a silly project since you can't really read the wording unless you are up close...but I think that is what I like about the project.  It adds a pop of color that I am trying to add into my first floor living area annnddd it has hidden meaning---that is so SO so my way of decorating.


And here is where the basket gets to come into the picture:
this is the view from the hall to the living room---


The wall just seemed a little too plan to me even with the two frames... sooo I scoured my house for things I could hang on the wall...


And this is what I came up with.
Ahhh much better!  
I like how the pops of red in the living room now kind of tie into the pop of red in the hall....



Did you notice I added a contact, sponsor or guest post button to the top of my blog?!?!?  
Go check it out if you are interested in any or all of the above---it would just make my day!!!


I am linking up to a few of these amazing parties---be sure to visit them, it is a great way to be inspired!

14 Comments:

Blogger Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

A D O R A B L E!
Thank you so much for sharing it at the link party... now I am going to explore your blog.
I want to see more ;)

June 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Lovely! They look great and aren't too over the top!

I did see that you had added the contact, sponsor or guest post button and have ear marked you to do one of these things once my blog has been up and running a bit longer. I am currently working on some stuff that (I think) would make fantastic giveaways.

Anyway, I'm going back to the corner to sulk about my lack of typewriter ;)

Michelle
Bok Bok B'Gerk

June 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Darby Hawley said...

This is so cute! I want a type writer!!!

June 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Love Sweet Love said...

So COOL Jaime!!! I'm sorry I've been so MIA-vacation tends to do that to you :( but I didn't want you to think I didn't love you anymore so I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say-AWESOME job beautiful girl!

June 30, 2011 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Maggie Massey said...

Not exactly sure how you keep coming up with these amazing ideas...but I am loving each and every one of them...you seriously rock, darlin' girl...

June 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Antonella said...

I love it!! This quote is perfect - my son and I loved this book... Hugs, antonella :-)

July 1, 2011 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The typewriter is so pretty! And it makes such pretty things! Amazing. Now I need one. I just found your wonderful blog, and I'm so happy I did!

July 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Very sweet sentiments. They look fabulous together with the basket.

July 1, 2011 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

Super cute idea! Lovin' it!

July 2, 2011 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Erin (Out on a Limb) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

SO cute - love this project!

July 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

over from DIY Show-Off. These are great. I love the hidden message in the art :)

July 4, 2011 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE these!

xo,
Jami

July 4, 2011 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger the cape on the corner said...

that is a great idea! so cute!

July 5, 2011 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home