This Page

has been moved to new address

Coat hanger display from cabinet doors

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Coat hanger display from cabinet doors

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Coat hanger display from cabinet doors

Well this has been on my list of projects for a LONG long time!  
And I am happy to report that it is finally finished!!!!
My goal was to created a place in my laundry room (which also serves as the entrance into my house through the garage) where coats, purses and just about anything could be organized and hung without taking up much space.
Another requirement was that I could not drill a million holes in the wall since this is only a rental home!
Since the holes needed to be few I knew I would need to mount my coat hooks onto something....
why not use the old cabinet doors I picked up from a building re-sale shop months ago?!

Here is the final product

And here is how I got there!

I painted each of the cabinet doors duck egg blue (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint) then distressed and finally mounted the hooks.

I like how the cabinet door give the hooks more of a decorative look versus just being functional!
Oh and I should mention in case you are wondering I found the hooks on a half off sale at Hobby Lobby so they were only $2.50 each!
For the next two cabinet doors I used some vintage door knobs I picked up from a garage sale a couple of weeks ago as addition hooks!
I just bought a dowel that fit snugly into the existing holes on the door knobs and then drilled the same size hole in the cabinet door and coated the dowel with wood glue and then placed the dowel in the hole.



I like the look but I think more than that I really like how functional this project is going to be for me and my husband!  My goal is to no longer have coats and bags piled on the nearest chair when you walk into our house!!


And I should really give you a more realistic view of the coat/purse hangers in use
:o)



How do you keep your coats and purses organized??  Have you ever used vintage door knobs in your crafts?  

I hope you are all planning on linking up this Thursday!!!  I Can't wait to see what you guys have been up to this week!!!  Is it weird that I am already this excited?!!!!

And don't forget to enter my wonderful giveaway going on this week----you could win a super super cute printable---I am a more than a little jealous!

I will be sharing this project at a couple of the following parties!

37 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Bates said...

GREAT use of the cabinet doors........very pretty to boot! nice job jaime.

August 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute! I'm totally going to make these whenever we close on our house lol

August 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

I love this! What a neat idea!! I'm stopping by from clean & scentsible! =D

August 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

What a wonderful idea! So cleaver.. I have to stop throwing things away.

Popping in from Clean and Scentsible, Patricia

August 30, 2011 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger The Painted Parlor said...

That's Waaaay cute!! Love the old door handles, score!

August 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Jen-uinely Inspired said...

Love how you repurposed the cabinet doors! Very cute! We have a bench/coat rack that I found at Target years ago that we keep our coats, purses and dog leashes organized on.

August 30, 2011 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger imsteelefullofscrap said...

Love your idea thank you for sharing I want a couple!! lol

August 31, 2011 at 3:22 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

This is sooo great! I LOVE those doorknobs!

August 31, 2011 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Great idea! Thanks!

August 31, 2011 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Love these. Great color :)

August 31, 2011 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it so much that I just pinned it for future reference. :)

August 31, 2011 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Cristan said...

I LOVE how these turned out! Great job!

http://coffeecupsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

August 31, 2011 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

It came out amazing and I am really, really loving that color paint you have been using lately. So pretty. The knobs are gorgeous. What a great garage sale find. I'm boring, my purses hang on a hanger in the closest. Nothing original..LOL

August 31, 2011 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Ido said...

I love these project, really! I'm in love with the color, too bad we don't have ASCP here in Utah.
XXX Ido

August 31, 2011 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger ~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is something I could really use! Great idea! ♥

August 31, 2011 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Ali Manning said...

This is a fantastic project! Thanks for showing how you attached the door knobs - I have some of those and didn't know how to attach them to anything - the dowels and wood is great idea!

August 31, 2011 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Love these Jaime - how clever! and the colour is right up my alley!

August 31, 2011 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

What a genius idea. I'm featuring this on my Facebook page!

September 1, 2011 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Dragonfliez Made said...

Great Ideas!

September 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Dragonfliez Made said...

Also I tweeted for you! @dragonfliezmade

September 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love these--you can never have enough hooks or places to hang things!

September 2, 2011 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

BRILLIANT!

I have news for you... You are getting feature tomorrow from last week's party and you are getting feature again next week... for this party!

Thank you for sharing!

Have you entered the "So you think you can BLOG part? I don't think I have seen you there.. Well you should!

September 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Oh, Jaime, when will I stop being surprised at how amazing your ideas are?! I love this idea! Brilliant!

September 2, 2011 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Amazing friend. You are amazing. That's all there is to it. :) Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share!

September 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger ANNE said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I have two glass knobs that I want to use for closet door handles, but couldn't figure out quite how to do it. The dowels are the perfect answer. Have a great weekend!

September 3, 2011 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger ANNE said...

PS I'm your newest follower!!

September 3, 2011 at 5:10 AM  
Anonymous Alicia said...

Oh, so presh!!!

September 3, 2011 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Lindac said...

Thanks for a lovely tutorial.
Isn't it funny how you don't realise you need these things until you see someones finished project. lol.
I need this!

September 6, 2011 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Ke'Shonda said...

I'm with Linda...I NEED this too! lol I love the paint color too. I'll be trying this soon. Thanks for the great tutorial :)

September 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I.Love.This. Seriously! This is great! I love the color you used, and the knobs look so cool on it!!

September 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Delightful Deets said...

So cute! What a great idea, loving the colors!

September 8, 2011 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

Jaime,

I'll be fetauring your sweet project tomorrow... Girl you are amazing!

September 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Clarissa W said...

I love this!!! So beautiful!

October 22, 2011 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

This is wonderful! How did you attach them to the wall so they would hold coats and bags? Picture hangers don't do the trick and I don't see any screws in the front. Thanks!

November 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM  
Anonymous coat stand said...

Great idea, It is so cute, loving it's colors!

January 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

How did you hang them so close to the wall? I am about to do the same thing but can't figure out the best way to hang them. Thanks!

February 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so inspired I'm going to quit my day job, school, and make pretty things! This blog is my new pinterest hahah!

February 22, 2012 at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home