This Page

has been moved to new address

A PERFECT Valentine's Day Dresser Up-cycle {Guest Post by Stacey from Embracing Change}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: A PERFECT Valentine's Day Dresser Up-cycle {Guest Post by Stacey from Embracing Change}

Monday, February 6, 2012

A PERFECT Valentine's Day Dresser Up-cycle {Guest Post by Stacey from Embracing Change}

Friends!!!!!!!

I am SO so SOOOO excited to introduce you to our Linky Party Co-host and guest blogger for today---
my friend Stacey from Embracing Change!
Seriously she is one talented gal you are going to want to get to know!!!!!!
Enjoy friends!!!
__________________
Hello everyone! I am here to guest post today on Crafty, Scrappy, Happy thanks to a great opportunity from Jaime!  I just love her blog and I am honored to be here!  My name is Stacey and my blog home is Embracing Change.
 I would love for you to come by sometime! 
Just me
Me and my beautiful family!
      I began blogging a year ago and I confess it has become a passion of mine.  I really have no time for it as I am a mother ot two beautiful girls named Emma and Ana as well as a pastor's wife and Day Care Center director to over 100 kids!   It's amazing how we find time to do what we love, isn't it?
I have a passion for decorating and thrifting as well as redoing and restoring unloved furniture!  I found myself at a point in my life where I needed change, but didn't have the budget to do it thus my love of restoring and redoing what I had was born!  I find such therapy in what I do.  Painting is how I like to decompress.  I have discovered that finding a bargain and restoring it to beauty is a challenge I greatly enjoy. 
 This piece was no different. 
I managed to score a free dresser three weeks ago.
I was thrilled! 
I think dressers are my favorite thing to redo. 
I have redone several over the past year
including the following:

There is nothing like a beautiful dresser!
I love drastic transformations.
The beast to beauty makeovers.
I love taking the old and making it new. 
That's my fun time.
So...back to the free dresser.
When I brought it home, it looked like this:
Dingy and old. 
Dirty as could be. 
And with a broken drawer to boot. 
No problem.
I have an affinity (obsession) for the French Provincial
style so this was quite a gem!
I love her curves and sweet feminine appeal.
I quickly got ahold of my vision which is always a key part of the process and then proceeded with the redo.
I have to tell ya, I am loving how she turned out!
I hand-mixed the pink paint and used
Annie Sloan's Old White for the rest!
How does she look now?
Isn't she just delicious?
My friend Megan and I have started a business of recreating furniture and home decor called The Blessed Nest.  Typically I send almost everything I recreate there, but this one is...
MINE ALL MINE!
If you have read my blog before, you know
that I name each and every piece I create.
Her name is Perfect Priscilla.
I think her personality just shines through!
And she is PERFECT for Valentine's Day as well!
I adore her...hope you do, too!
Thanks for allowing me to stop by and visit Jaime.
I am blessed by your kindness!
Come and visit me soon - hope to see you
____________________
See what did I tell you?!  Amazing right?!!!!  Now go over and check out Stacey's wonderful blog!!!

Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! What a great change! I love that color, so fresh pretty!

February 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Spruce Your Nest said...

Beautiful! Dressers are my absolute favorite to make over as well :-)

February 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty in Pink!! My mom has a French Provincial bedroom suit I'd love to get ahold of! Thanks for inspiring me!

February 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger AKK said...

Oooh, I especially love the first one (turquoise color). I just was given an old dresser, and that is how I imagine it's makeover to turn out! They're all pretty though. :)

February 7, 2012 at 4:46 AM  
Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

she is so talented! i LOOOOVE that chevron dresser!

February 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Perfect Priscilla is so sweet & I can see why you'd want to keep it for yourself! I love the first few sentences of your intro about not really having time to blog but yet we find time to do the things we love!! So true.

February 7, 2012 at 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Valentines Day SMS said...

she is so gorgeous!! love you all

February 9, 2012 at 4:24 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! Thank you to Jaime for allowing me to host with you - it's been a blast!
Stacey of Embracing Change

February 14, 2012 at 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home