This Page

has been moved to new address

Vase up-cycle with vintage music sheets

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Vase up-cycle with vintage music sheets

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Vase up-cycle with vintage music sheets

I am back from a wonderfully relaxing and refreshing trip with my love to the amazing Royal Haciendas in Mexico, it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  I am feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and yet a bit sad to have to leave the warm paradise and of course Cal.  But here I am staying positive and the main thing helping me do that is thinking, how amazing it has been to have to come home to an empty house, Linds is staying for the month (such an wonderful treat!) and Ryan her boyfriend came to visit this weekend---so nice to not be alone thinking about how much I am going to be missing Cal for the remaining 8 weeks I have here in Michigan!  Instead we had a little celebration (I found out I passed one of the two parts of the written boards that I just took before I left for Mexico).  Anddd I got back to my crafty side!!!!  So here was my fun for the day, I made these treasures out of two ikea vases that I had in my ever growing goodwill pile....kind of fun to rescue something that I was considering junk and make it into something kind of fun!


Pretty simple really, but I used mod podge (I used the matte kind, not the shiny kind-which is totally personal preference) as my main medium as well as my vintage music sheets I found at a local antique store for a dollar.


Cutting the paper made working with it a bit easier and I wanted to eliminate the "white space" and include more of the music notes on the vases...





I was sure to seal the edges well, since the paper won't go all the way around--nice and thick overlapping on the glass and paper with the mod podge.



I decided to add some distressing with brown ink and a stamp pad around all of the edges



I cut the bottom and folded and sealed with mod podge with the first one and then the second I folded more like if I were gift wrapping and used double sided tape and mod podge with that one...both worked fine and sealed well....





The last step was to decide how to seal the top, I wanted a clean look so I got out my trusty sandpaper and used it to "cut and smooth" the vintage paper and then added a nice thick sealing layer of mod podge.  Fun and simple!!













Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

What a beautiful treasure you now have. I love the modern lines of the vase mixed with the vintage music very chic. Thank you for linking up with my Sentimental Sunday, I can't wait to get to know you more.

Cha Cha

February 28, 2011 at 4:31 AM  
Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

Again, just beautiful! Jaime you are so talented and I'm honored to be inspired by you!!! Thanks for sharing this great tutorial!!

March 1, 2011 at 8:48 AM  
Anonymous April said...

I'm impressed! Creative and inexpensive project! I've been using old music sheets for collage for a while and really enjoy it. This expands my ideas.

January 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home