This Page

has been moved to new address

Flour sack towel with a quote

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Flour sack towel with a quote

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Flour sack towel with a quote

Just a Little-NOT-so exciting project tonight once again involving citra solv because I am just a little obsessed with the possibilities!!!  Consider this a bit of a preview of things to come on towels!

So yes, lets get this out there---I LOVE quotes, I am a sucker for them, I sometimes buy crazy things because they have the right quote on them, sometimes quotes just say what I feel when I don't even know I am feeling them...so yes when my starter success with citra solv happened I was excited with possibilities and most of them include projects with quotes on them.  

Tonight we had a girls night at my house on hamburg lake so crafting was light and just dancing took up a larger majority of our time...

Buttttt my sister who is staying with my for a month is IN LOVE with a quote....she found it and typed it up and hasn't done much with it as she is not AS craftily inspired as her crazy sister (ME)....soooo while she inspires me in the kitchen with her cooking (She made the best dinner EVER tonight) I took a few moments to make her a flour sack towel with her quote....and then I got to thinking about all of my quotes that I live by.....so needless to say there WILL be A LOT more to come!!!!  And I will for sure be using some more graphics on these because 1. I have an obsession with kitchen towels 2. flour sack towels are actually really really nice to use in the kitchen practically speaking 3. they are cute and vintage looking---soo sooo soooo me!

Butt for now here is her towel, once again not perfect, but she perfectly loves it so great, a success in my book!  And according to my research on this transferring technique you can wash and even bleach and only have slight fading....I have yet to try it!!! 

And one more side note craft stores sell flour sack towels for about 3 dollars each, I found mine for target for about 4 or 5 dollars for a pack of 4.




***smudges are cool, trust me, embrace the imperfection it makes the towel look more vintage in my opinion, and also the quote turned out a bit stained looking because of the solvent so I am going to FOR SURE wash it before letting my sister wash my dishes...waitttt thats not fair at all right since she is cooking for me?!?!  If I were a blogging professional I would have washed it then taken a super cool picture...but here I am after enjoying a wonderful girls night just keeping it real!

 :o) 


Annd just in case you want to know, here is Lindsey's beloved quote:


In our home please don’t worry about the “proper” way of doing things.  
While we’re together, your way is our way.  
If you want to laugh… laugh out loud.  
If you want to open up… your opinion is always welcome.  
Feel free to be yourself because there’s a place for you at our table.


And just in case you wanted to use the quote for a project with citra solv here it is reversed because as I learned in my first experience it HAS to be reversed before you can transfer it....or you might ruin one of your favorite placemates... like I said, just trust me!




Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

LOVE it! And thanks for the printable! We have to do this for our next girls night!! Does it smudge at all on your hands? I just wondered because I'd love to use it for a kitchen towel too....

March 3, 2011 at 5:46 AM  
Blogger Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

Hey tabs, Thanks for being the best commenter EVER! I miss our girls nights and think we need to have one SOON! The ink doesn't smudge once it is set in the fabric but it can look a bit smudgie when you do it if you aren't super super careful....I think you should make some, I think they are fun!

March 6, 2011 at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home