This Page

has been moved to new address

Shutter Up-Cycle-Up-Cycle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Shutter Up-Cycle-Up-Cycle

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shutter Up-Cycle-Up-Cycle

Sooo this is one of those projects that I have been working on for awhile now....  Something that I just couldn't get quite right.  
Have you ever had a project like that?!?!

Anyways, here is how they are looking at this point... 
I am finally happy... 
For now... 
I have yet to officially hang them and give them my final nod of approval...
I Up-cycle-Up-cycle these so I thought I had better stop here for now!


{The quote is a little confusing I am hoping it makes more sense when they are hanging farther apart...but you are supposed to read up and down.  It is one of my favorite quotes right now....}
{Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are...}

I am all about meaningful---and this quote makes me think!

So on to the fun part:
Here is what I started with


Found these treasures at a garage sale for 1.00 for a set of 4, they are solid wood and really very heavy (Have I mentioned I am not sure how my landlord is going to feel about me mounting these to the wall?!?
It is a risk I am willing to take!).

Up-cycle #1
My first attempt:
I painted them teal and then added some blue vinyl and a couple of starfish.


And tried them out in their spot...(but picture them hung on each side of the little space).
And there they sat.
I wasn't crazy about them.  at. all. 
And so what do I do when I am not crazy about something?  I up-cycle. 

Up-cycle #2


I added white paint and then remove the vinyl.  Then I distressed.
What a fun way of getting lettering without actually having vinyl on your project!!!
Can you tell I am a little new at this whole vinyl business???




What do you think?  
Which up-cycle did you like best?  
Any advice on how to finish my little space?
  More to come when these bad boys are hung, that is for sure!!

Did you notice I added a contact, sponsor or guest post button to the top of my blog?!?!?  
Go check it out if you are interested in any or all of the above---it would just make my day!!!

I am sharing my project at some of these amazing parties---go and check them out and be inspired!

17 Comments:

Blogger Just Jaime said...

Looks awesome! Love the distressed look and the font!

July 5, 2011 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I love the look although the quote confuses me... BUT! if you read it and it speaks to you that's all that matters! I keep not buying used shutters when I see them, but then I see a post like this and think "man I like that look!" Someday I'm gonna buckle.

July 5, 2011 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Me said...

It looks perfect! I have been looking for shutters for awhile now. Nobody is giving theirs up!! i love what you did with yours!

July 5, 2011 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love them! You did a wonderful job painting and distressing them.

Dee

July 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are super cute! They would spice up any room!!

New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! http://www.peacelovepoop.com

July 5, 2011 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Love Sweet Love said...

You are quite possibly the best distresser I have ever met! :) Seriously I love what you did with them-both times! I want your whole house, your projects are so beautiful! And I love that quote-sometimes I take for granted all my normal days, what a great way to remember to embrace everything! Love Love!

July 5, 2011 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Carmella said...

love them! The quote really did make me think...I should always remember to love the "normal" days too.

July 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Maggie Massey said...

Just perfect, Jaime...I love the up-cycled up-cycle...;) And the unintentional stencil is perfect...it looks like you complete meant to do that...love it!!!!

July 6, 2011 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Jen-uinely Inspired said...

Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! I love the what you did with the shutters and the quote. I'm new to vinyl as well, OMG is that stuff the greatest! I look forward following your blog :)

July 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I really love these shutters! This is the next thing on my list to find. Guess what!? I found two ores! yeah. finally.
I will go vote for your mantle now. Congrats. That's pretty awesome. I just pulled up your blog yesterday to show Beth your mantle and table. She thought they were amazing.

July 7, 2011 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Michele @ {Primp} said...

Very charming! Thanks for joining my linky party this week.

July 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shutters look lovely in white and the quote is very sweet too :)

July 7, 2011 at 11:37 PM  
Anonymous abeachcottage said...

Very nice shutters, you did a wonderful job in transforming them. Really sweet quote too.

July 9, 2011 at 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime Lyn! I like the 2nd up-cycle the best. The way the words came out after removing the vinyl is great! And thanks for sharing your "process" with us! I find it helpful to see how other people's ideas evolve. Love the quote!

July 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Laura Everyday Edits said...

Love this, I'm trying to follow you, but gfc is acting out this weekend. Ugh!!! Visting from
http://imnotatrophywife.com

laura

July 10, 2011 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

I love them! I have been keeping my eyes open for some shutters to try a project on, thanks for the inspiration!

July 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Those are seriously cute! Love it! Stopping over from Under the Table and Dreaming!

July 10, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home