This Page

has been moved to new address

Pumpkin Crafts for the Anti-Jack-o-Lantern {Life with the Hawleys-guest post}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Pumpkin Crafts for the Anti-Jack-o-Lantern {Life with the Hawleys-guest post}

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Crafts for the Anti-Jack-o-Lantern {Life with the Hawleys-guest post}

It is such a nice treat to have another wonderful co-host for this weeks Crafty Scrappy Happy Thursday Link up Party!!!!  Darby from Life with the Hawleys is just wonderful----
trust me you should get to know her!!!!
I will let her take it away!  See you tonight at the link party!!!
-Jaime
________________________

Morning Happy Crafters!  I’m Darby from Life with the Hawleys!  I like to refer to my blog as a hodge-podge; I write about anything & everything going on in the Hawley house.  Feel free to stop by and check out some crafts, recipes, or pictures of my adorable puppy- admittedly, I'm biased ;-)  Of course, I can’t forget my manners: THANK YOU Jaime for having me today!  I'm truly honored!
Fall is my favorite season; I wait all year for it.  And pumpkins, are my favorite part of fall.  I love the scent, the flavor, and decorating with them. 
Insert problem here: I’m 100% girly-girl!
So while I adore the festive look of a jack-o-lantern, I can promise you, that you will never find me carving one.  For the same reason I don't like eating chicken wings, I just don't like to get dirty.  Yes, I know it’s easy to clean-up, but I’d prefer to use alternative ways to decorate with pumpkins.  So in case I’m not the only one out there (hopefully I'm not alone here), I’ve got some pumpkin decorating ideas that don’t require carving for you this autumn.
1. Adorn- You can add a happy touch to a pumpkin in so many ways.  Here are a some ideas, but don’t be scared to get creative: ric rac, tacks, jewels, flowers, and ribbonsAdorn AAdorn B 
2. Stack- Height always adds a nice touch, & pumpkins are perfect tools for height.  Pumpkins can be turned into topiaries or used to stack candles on top of. Stacking makes for great centerpieces.Stack A
3. Paint- Without carving, you can still get really creative adding your own shimmery touch.  You could use paint to add your monogram, address, or a guest’s name for a place card.  Don’t just stick to regular paint; you could also use glitter  or chalkboard paint!Paint A
Thank you Jaime for having me and I hope these tips inspire you.  I can’t wait to hear how YOU have decorated your pumpkin this year!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In my neighborhood, if you are giving out candy...you have a carved pumpkin! It's the 'signal' that you are participating. Now, in the last few years a few of my older neighbors have started using the plug in jack o lanterns. But I HAVE to carve a pumpkin, mess and all!!! I might just get 'boo'ed if I didn't!;)

October 4, 2011 at 4:48 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I love all of these ideas! It seems painting pumpkins is really big this year. A lot less messy than carving. :) Thanks for sharing!

October 4, 2011 at 5:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lesley that's the thing in my neighborhood too! Last year, the first year we lived here, we didn't know that & couldn't understand why no one would come to our house even though we had the porch light on... 'till our neighbor asked if we had a carved pumpkin & we said we didn't. I was super sad we didn't get any trick-or-treaters. I HAVE to carve one this year. But I'll have some fun with some others too :)

October 4, 2011 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger I am LOVD said...

I am in love with all your pumpkin adornment ideas. Unbelievably creative...and mess-free!

October 4, 2011 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What fabulous pumpkins!! I can't even pick a favorite because I love them all!

October 4, 2011 at 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Thanks for all the ideas! I'm planning on decorating some pumpkins this weekend for the front porch and this definately inspired me. Love the ones with the home address numbers on them!

October 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger sherri lynn said...

These are great alternatives! I love the painting idea.

October 4, 2011 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger rachel@Acts of Life said...

Very cute pumpkin ideas...I really like the bling spider pumpkin...very cool and different! My family is going to try painting this year instead of carving.

October 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Irish Italian Blessings said...

These are fabulous ideas! Carving is sooo messy, especially with a toddler.

October 5, 2011 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Pancakes said...

What awesome suggestions! My favs are the last ones! That's a great idea!

October 6, 2011 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I LOVE all of these fabulous pumpkin ideas! Great post!!!
Crystal
Homemaker in Heels
p.s. Visiting and following from Life With the Hawleys :)

October 7, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home