This Page

has been moved to new address

Lamp shade re-do tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Lamp shade re-do tutorial

Monday, March 7, 2011

Lamp shade re-do tutorial

On my personal note: for the night I survived my boards this weekend....ahhhh was that NOT fun!!!  I am in one piece and I am on to waiting for the results...I know whatever happens I did my best.  

On a crafty scrappy happy note: I did a fun little project tonight and here are a few shots of the fruit of my labor---ooooh how I sometimes wish I could just craft all of the time!!!  I am so so so full of ideas but don't ever seem to have enough time.  I have been wanting to do a lamp re-do FOREVER and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was easier than I had thought. 



Kind of cute right?!?!


Now want to know how I did it?!

Step 1: find an old lamp shade you don't love anymore and take the fabric off if yours has crazy red fabric on it like mine did

my sister helped, we used a seam ripper and it came off soo soo easily 


Step 2: pick your fabric and measure


I cheated because I had the old fabric to trace

Step 3: decorate your fabric if you would like---I am crazy obsessed with the citra solv method that I have been using like crazy since last week when I first tried and of course I used graphic fairy graphics because they are amazing (click on her button at the bottom of the post to get to her site).  And click here if you want to see my tutorial from last week on how to do this.


Step 4: wrap the fabric around the shade and pin it nice and tight take it off the shade and sew---I left this up to my sister as I have only done one sewing project and she just finished her first quilt...she is a professional in my books!  But I am guessing I could have done an okay job too...next time I will try I swear. 


Step 5: place the fabric back on the shade and wrap the loose ends up and underneath.  I did this step by first taping the fabric up and under and then used hot glue once I knew I had it where I wanted it....I might add more fabric or possibly ribbon or something to hide the loose ends but I haven't decided yet....for now I am just enjoying my little lamp re-do.

What do you think?  I am thinking I would like to re-do all of my lamp shades! 



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

Very, very cool lampshade transformation. The new look is fab!
Visiting from the Graphics Fairy. TFS!

March 8, 2011 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger nest of posies said...

awesome! isn't the fairy graphic queen the best!

loving your lampshade. super cool.

thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

have a super weekend.
kelle

March 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger cln714 said...

I love the lampshade. This is the first I've heard of this Citrasolv technique and I'm super excited to get started on some projects of my own.

Also, I LOVE your blog!!

March 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

Thank you for the comments, they mean so so much to me! cln714 you made my day today-thanks!!! I would love to see your projects with citrasolv!!!

March 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

Jaime, this is great! I needed a good lampshade tutorial!! You are so talented!!

March 16, 2011 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Dear Lillie said...

Love it!

August 25, 2011 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Elena Galli said...

So cute!

August 26, 2011 at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home