This Page

has been moved to new address

Just another up-cycle :o)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Just another up-cycle :o)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Just another up-cycle :o)

Just a little project for tonight!  I have been on the look out for furniture to up-cycle but haven't been finding ANYTHING lately...isn't that just how it goes?  You look for something and you will never find it, but you don't look and you find...  Case and point:  I am SO not looking for a table---I mean come on I JUST up-cycled my dream table...buttt yesterday while I was out at a couple of thrift stores I found another that I COULDN'T leave behind.... 
Ahhh what the heck am I going to do with two HUGE tables?!?!  
But really the point is I can't find the little projects I am looking for! 

This project is kinddddd offf what I was looking for.... butttt I am still hunting!

Here is the final product of my up-cycle:


And here is where I started:
Yep I payed a whole $2.99 for this baby.


So my main project with this was covering seat....and guess what I found out?  It was SIMPLE!  I learned how to use a staple gun and wham bam it was SUPER easy---like less than 2 min. to complete!
Seriously-just cut the fabric to size and pull tight as you go.


Then I just spray painted her white.


And distressed like crazy.


Found her a home.


And enjoyed.


Anddd that took no time at all so I guess I am back to searching for "projects"!

I am linking up to some of these amazing parties this week---check them out for some GREAT crafty ideas and inspirations!

Annndddd if you would be SUPER SWEET and go and vote for my cabinet project----I would be SO SO SO excited.  I am among some AMAZING rooms--they are all worth checking out!

23 Comments:

Blogger Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Wow, I love it! And for $2.99?! Now I love it even more :-) Great find!

July 7, 2011 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Leonor said...

What an awesome piece of furniture for 2.99...it came out so lovely!

July 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

adorable. i love the design thats cut into it and the color and fabric are beautiful.
love it.

July 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Bec@littlelucylu said...

What an interesting piece!?!
And at $2.99 .... definitely a killer deal! :-)
Good job, Jaime Lyn!
~Bec

July 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Connie the crafterbug said...

Awesome! That is so adorable and what a great job you did! I never find cool furniture like this and for so cheap. Wow
Connie

July 7, 2011 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Such a cute little duo! I love what you did with it! You always find the best bargains!

July 8, 2011 at 4:37 AM  
Blogger Deborah March said...

GREAT job young'un!! These little things are also referred to as "gossip benches" didjaknow?

July 8, 2011 at 5:23 AM  
Blogger Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful makeover!!! Love the finished product!

July 8, 2011 at 5:25 AM  
Anonymous Vicky said...

I'm searching for a telephone table, please send me good vibrations! Your upcycle looks great :) Newest follower!

July 8, 2011 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger High Street Cottage said...

Turned out great I love Gossip Benches. My Grandmother had one for as long as I could remember and we loved sitting there. The little attatched table was originally meant for a telephone. And underneath my Grandmother kept her phone book, very cute.

July 8, 2011 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow! I can NOT believe you paid $2.99 for that....awesome deal:)! It looks beautiful! I love Gossip Benches, I have upcycled one and love it. I saw a couple more yesterday at antique stores and fought the urge to buy more (no room in my house). But they were MUCH more then $2.99!!!!!! Very beautiful!
Beth

July 8, 2011 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! I love this telephone table. I hope I have as much luck in finding one :)

July 8, 2011 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

I have been seeing these cute phone table/chairs all over blogland now and I can't find one to save my life...I gotta redo one!! (Wish me luck on finding one please... oh and at $2.99 too...well maybe THAT is too much to dream of!) LOL

So cute and freshened up with white! Nice job. Thank you for seeing "crisp and fresh" where others might see "dingy and dated...oh yeah and DARK"

Visiting from MMS Linky Party today

~Suzanne in Illinois

July 8, 2011 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love how you transformed the table. It looks so fresh and new. You got it for a steal! If the seller saw it now they would want it back. :-)

Dee

July 8, 2011 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...

White makes it right. Beautiful job.

July 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM  
Anonymous somedaycrafts said...

You got that for $2.99! What a steal! It's beautiful!

July 9, 2011 at 3:03 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

I love love how this turned out! What a great price, too! And you have the perfect spot for it:)

July 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Okay -- this is just SO adorable -- I have never seen one with this pattern in the wood -- very unique and pretty! You did a great job covering the cushion! I have one of these under my basement steps -- think it's time to drag it out and fix it up!

July 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Lookiewhatidid said...

I love this redo and it reminds me of my childhood and going to my grandmothers and clipping coupons. Wish I had hers.

July 10, 2011 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

How on earth did you find that for $2.99. Amazing!! I love where you put the piece in the house.
I went to vote for your fireplace but realized I would need to reactivate my facebook account to do so. I'll spread the word though and make Christy and others vote for it.

July 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

looks great reminds me of one my grandmother had.

July 11, 2011 at 1:19 AM  
Blogger Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Such a great find! And isn't that how it ALWAYS happens? You can never find anything when you're looking for it but when you aren't, or you don't need it, or you're trying to save $ then you things all the time!

July 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

How random! First post I stumble on your blog and I have the exact same gossip seat,carvings and all! It also was painted white by my grandma and handed to me when she found out I was redoing my bedroom!

July 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home