This Page

has been moved to new address

Valentines Book Art.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Valentines Book Art.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentines Book Art.



I hope you are having a GREAT weekend!!!!
I wanted to share this Valentines project that I shared this past week over at Design, Dining and Diapers!  Taryn had a GREAT 14 days of Valentines series that you should really really check out if you are still looking for last minute ideas----or ideas to "pin" for next year!

Annndddd I am SOOOO excited for some CELEBRATING this next week for my 1 year Blog Anniversary!!!
We are going to have a HUGE linky party this week!!!!
we already have these AMAZING co-hosts set to go



Do you want to be a co-host too????
Grab a button, let me know if you want to co-host and if you don't co-host get ready to link up!!!!
Yayyyyyy!!!


Anyways here is my official last Valentines project for this year!!!


It was so simple to make and it just adds a nice little touch of love to my normal decor.


I just started out with a pile-o-vintage buttons, a vintage book and a glue gun...


Not a lot of work but kind of a sweet look right?!
I like that it isn't framed, it isn't perfect....
I just glued a random assortment of buttons into the shape and that is about it!


The fun part was finding a place to display it!!!


I tried adding it to my Mantle, and its simple Valentines decor....


and I really like it!


but then again it sits nicely on my shelf as well.... oohhh how I LOVE to decorate!!!

I will be linking up to a few of my favorite link-y parties---be sure to check them out for some great inspiration!!!!






Photobucket

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love that it's not in a frame too- it makes it more interesting! I love eclectic pieces!

February 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Craftberry Bush said...

Love it sooooo.....btw...I meant to tell you that I think a giant linky party is a great idea...I'm in...xo
Lu

February 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's creative and sentimental!

February 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger aimee said...

wow this is amazing i love it, i would love it if you could link it up at http://twiggstudios.blogspot.com/ xxx

February 12, 2012 at 3:40 AM  
Blogger Antonella said...

I love how you were able to take things that everyone has and turn it into this beautiful work of art - I really love the heart!
Hugs, antonella :-)

February 12, 2012 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger Danee said...

very sweet little project Jaime. As always your eye for simplistic sophistication is right on. I love that this has so much texture.

February 12, 2012 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger alteredstatesstudio said...

love this- so simply and sweet!

February 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Nancy @ Life: Designed said...

It's perfect! I love the whole look and the vintage books are awesome!

February 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger The Painted Parlor said...

what an awesome idea! i love how simple it is, even i could do it!! ;)
happy blogiversary!!

julie

February 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

This is so pretty! Love the idea you created! I think you can use them all the time if you wanted it, I may have to make one!

February 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie Lyn--check out my blog as I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Congratulations!

February 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Maggie Massey said...

Looks absolutely wonderful...I love how subtle it is...and it looks perfect on your mantle, sweet-face...;) Hope you've had a great weekend!

February 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Love it! Love the neutral color and vintage look! Of course, you could put old buttons on a pig and I'd love it - I just love buttons!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

February 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Kim@todayismysome-day said...

So sweet and simple. Makes me say "why didn't I think of that?".

February 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Love Sweet Love said...

Oh my dear Jaime and THAT is why I love you...simple, beautiful, classy, perfect! I think I have a problem with over-thinking things and trying to "top" what I've seen done, or what I've done it the past and sometimes (and probably almost always) it's better to just simplify and appreciate the simplicity of life just at is-so sweet!

ALSO, I'm so excited that it's your ONE year celebration!!! Could I pretty pretty please party with you too?!

February 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this book crafting in the blog.I really inspire from this blog.It really wonderful idea.

free lyrics

February 13, 2012 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

I love the button heart, it is classy enough to keep up year round. Aamazing project! Cannot wait for next weeks party!

February 13, 2012 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

love it! would never have thought to do this- thanks for sharing!

February 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Boo! February got away from me with a lot of family stuff and I missed this post. I would have loved to co-host to celebrate your one year!

February 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home