This Page

has been moved to new address

A table up-cycle and DIY distressing with ink!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: A table up-cycle and DIY distressing with ink!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A table up-cycle and DIY distressing with ink!


Hello blog friends!
I hope you had a WONDERFUL Easter weekend!

I had a little fun up-cycling this weekend!!
It is nice enough for me to start spring cleaning...
and my newest rule is that if I don't love it as it is and I won't up-cycled it, I have to get rid of it.
And so that is how this little table got a paint job!

And I came up with a technique of distressing without distressing without sand paper or layers of paint.


Yep, I just distressed with ink.


and it turns out I really really love this little table now.


I am so glad that I didn't get rid of it!


It started out like this---a garage sale find from last year that was completely neglected.


All you need to Do it Yourself is:
-Annie Sloan Chalk Paint {Graphite}
-White Ink 
-craft sponge

All you do:
Paint your table and let dry.
Use your craft sponge dipped in your white ink to distress by just rubbing along edges of the furniture that you want to highlight. 
{I followed these steps by adding a layer of Annie Sloan clear wax to seal the table}
Thats it!


I am linking up to a few of my favorite link parties---be sure to check them out to be inspired!!

Photobucket

19 Comments:

Blogger Our Pinteresting Family said...

Beautiful job, Jaime Lyn. I really think the color you chose gives it life. :) Megan

April 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Jaime Costiglio said...

Jaime Lyn that grey is gorgeous! Love your spring cleaning rules - I'm trying to follow the same, love it, use it or loose it! Nice work on a really cute piece.

April 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

That looks wonderful! I am so happy you shared this technique! I would love to try it out!

April 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute table! I love it! Visiting from Under the Table and Dreaming link party :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
www.revolutionariesblog.com

April 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I love the shape and style of that table! I love what you did to it too, it looks great!

April 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lokks so beautiful! Best decision to paint it. Lokks so cute now!

April 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Kristin@ A Vintage Fairy said...

awesome little table, I have a similar curvy little table that i painted before that could use some love. might just have to try to add some ink to it! thanks for sharing

April 9, 2012 at 4:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great little table! Using ink sounds like a fun technique and I have some furniture I should try it on.

April 9, 2012 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger paperscissorsink said...

Great job, I have a similar table I've been wanting to paint. I need to find some of that chalk paint!

April 9, 2012 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I love it! It really is amazing what paint or fabric can do to a piece of furniture!

April 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Shannon Fox said...

Umm... yeah. Genius much? So sharing! Looks amazing and really compliments the fireplace. What a great accent piece ;)

April 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hello Jaime Lyn,

I hope you don't mind if I share this on our private Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ Stockist page...love your outside the box thinking!
Beautiful table!

janet xox
The Empty Nest

April 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

It looks great, a huge improvement (obviously!) and much easier that all that sanding and staining and waiting!

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

April 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger imsteelefullofscrap said...

Wow I would have never thought of that thank you

April 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM  
Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

what a unique idea! it looks amazing!

April 10, 2012 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Karena said...

What a brilliant idea, I love the way your table is transformed!! Bravo!!

I hope you will come and see my new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint projects!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

April 10, 2012 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow! I love, love, love this table! So glad you gave it a face lift and I love the chalk paint out now! Ok, now I have to go hunting for something like this.

Popping in from Sumo's Sweet Stuff and hope you'll link up this and other fun on my Tuesday, Destination: Inspiration linky party. Here's the link for the party going on now:

http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/04/destination-inspiration-linky-party-10.html

Thanks, Michelle

April 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

I just up-cycled and distressed a little coffee table for the first time about a week ago. I love your simple technique by using ink and that table is so unique with it's double stands!

April 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love this awesome little table. You did an amazing job. It is amazing.

Ruth

April 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home