This Page

has been moved to new address

My Second Set of Shutters

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: My Second Set of Shutters

Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Second Set of Shutters

Happy Happy Lazy Sunday!
I am thrilled to show you my SECOND shutter up-cycle! 

I think they have made a nice addition to our dining room.


Remember from my first shutter-up cycle----this is how they looked when I brought them home!


Add some spray paint and vinyl.

I added knobs to the shutters so they can be curtain hold-backs also!



And here is the view from the living room couch :o) Notice my decor corner or the room and my hubs huge flat screen on the other?!


Annnddd since I was having a fun photo shoot of the dining room,
 I wanted to include a picture of my SUPER silly and simple table decor.

It is funny how many comments I had on my table up-cycle and how people thought the slab of plywood under the cloches looked cool... So here is the official story.  I wanted SOMETHING to put my cloches on and couldn't find anything JUST right, so I grabbed this treasure out of the "project" pile-o-wood and put some encyclopedia paper on top.  And then my makeshift decor became a permanent piece of decor.  And I kind of like it....I even cut up scrapbook paper on top for a little 4th of July decor.


I am linking up to a few of these wonderful parties---go check them out and be inspired!

12 Comments:

Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your shutters look terrific in your dining room!

I adore your cloches too.

Dee

July 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger Love Sweet Love said...

They look so great there! They frame those windows perfectly!! I posted your "silly" (but what I thinks is the coolest thing ever :) ) contest on my blog so hopefully you get a few more well deserved votes! :)

July 10, 2011 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Kris@ourthriftynestof7 said...

I'm in love with your shutters! I'm going to be on the look our for shutters of my own...

Blesssings,

July 11, 2011 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger Jennp1751 said...

I love the idea of the knobs on the shutters. Your decor is so awesome! Makes me want to move so I can decorate all over again :)

July 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Shutters are beautiful. Great idea and use of the knobs. Plywood under the table is also so cool! It actually got me thinking of an idea. I made a picture board for Christy's graduation that was mod podged. Kinda like mine but everything was mod podged onto it. Its like a giant scrapbook page and it got me thinking. I'm not motivated to do the wedding album. I might "scrapbook" with mod podge onto cool slabs of wood. What do you think? Have you ever put mod podge over a photo?
Happy Belated Birthday!

July 12, 2011 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger April said...

Omg! I must have some how clicked your link by accident because I didn't even realize this page was open until I went to close my browser, but I am SOOOOOOOO happy I did!!!!!! I love everything! And I am your newest follower!!

July 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love the shutters with the kobs on them-so clever! I am digging out my shutters right now.

July 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Love love love this!! So charming!

July 13, 2011 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your shutters and your dining room look gorgeous, love your numbered chairs as well.

July 13, 2011 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have my eyes open for shutters all the time. They are so hard to find around my area anymore. Love the way you did these.

July 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Life-n-Reflection said...

I love how you stenciled numbers on the chairs!

July 15, 2011 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love it all! The shutters add such a nice touch and the table is amazing! Can you please tell me where you found the small cloches? I have seen a few on different blogs and asked about them but no one has told me where they found them. ;)
Jen
jen (at) scissorsandspatulas (dot) com

July 16, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home